Welcome to the Vermont Society of Sons of the American Revolution.
The affairs of the Vermont Society of Sons of the American Revolution (VTSSAR) are managed by a Board of Managers consisting of the Society's Officers, three at large members of the Society and all living past presidents of the Society retaining membership in the Society.
The Board of Managers meet to conduct business on an established schedule through out the year. The date, time and place of these meetings are annually selected by the Board at its last meeting of the preceding year. The Board performs its duties as set forth in the Society's By-laws, sets policy for the orderly operation and functioning of the Society, establishes Committees to carry out the goals and objectives of the Society, and creates and approves the Job Descriptions of the Officers, Committees and other Officials of the Society. For those policies and job descriptions, see the indexes below.
The membership of the Society meets once a year at a time, date and place selected by the Board of Managers within the constraints of the Society's By-laws to conduct its annual business as called for by that governing document.
• Records Management and Preservation
Officer Job Descriptions:
• First Vice-President
• Second Vice-President
• Third Vice-President
Committee Job Descriptions:
• Awards and Medals
• Boy Scouts of America (BSA) Eagle Scout Recognition, Scholarship and Merit Badge Counseling Program
• Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) Cadet Medal Award and Scholarship Program
• Member Recruitment and Retention
• Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Cadet Medal Award Program
• Veterans Awards and Service to Veterans Program